Avocado ice cream?
You’re raising your eyebrows at me right now, aren’t you…
Well, I’m telling you, it’s a thing…a very good, creamy, delicious thing.
Avocado Ice Cream? Game On.
California Avocado Commission issued the challenge to create an avocado ice cream recipe last month. My mind immediately went tropical. I’m a coconut fiend, even more so when there’s lime involved. So coconut lime was a no brainer. Plus, what a great way to use the avocado. The green from the fruit makes the ice cream a beautiful shade of light green, marked with flecks of vibrant lime zest.
An extra bonus? A ripe avocado adds amazing creaminess without eggs or cream…so this is totally vegan, if that’s your thing!
I used a Cuisinart Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker to create this recipe. I am absolutely thrilled with how easy it is to use! Honestly, frozen desserts have always been intimidating. It’s always been a challenge to get the the consistency right. This gadget is foolproof and in fifteen minutes, the texture is perfect. Just a little past soft serve, which is my ice cream sweet spot.
maybe you are interested in https://rigorfitness.com/best-shakeology-recipes/
Though this is ice cream, it is on the less sweet side. You could completely customize it and add more sugar or less lime (it’s pretty lime-y, since I LOVE all things tart). Next time, I’m totally inviting some girlfriends over and trying it with a little rum.
I hope you give this delicious treat a try this summer! Avocado is so versatile and this is a such a fun and mouthwatering way to get some healthy fat in your diet!
- 1 ripe California Avocado, pitted and scooped
- 1 can coconut milk (14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 small limes, juice and zest
Step by Step
- Important: make sure your ice cream maker bowl is chilled!
- Add all ingredients into the blender.
- Blend until smooth and combined.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and turn on.
- Let it mix for at least 15 minutes.
- At this point, you can serve it (I like a softer texture) or put it in the freezer to firm up some more. To do this, spread the ice cream into a shallow, freezer safe container. Cover with a layer of plastic wrap that is directly in contact with the ice cream. Then serve when it reaches your desired consistency!
Nutrition: Calories 296; Total Fat 23.5g; Saturated Fat 15.5g; Trans Fat 0.0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 72mg; Potassium 400mg; Total Carbohydrates 23.9g; Dietary Fiber 4.0g; Sugars 19.1g; Protein 2.5g